Saturday 7 March 2015

Beginners Make-up Kit!





Hello there my lovely viewers!


So you've probably clicked on this certain blog entry because either I have forced to you or you want to start building up your make-up collection. Probably the latter.

So this post is going to run through some drugstore (highstreet) make-up that every person needs if they're just starting to try out make-up. 

First off with every single make-up product that you put on, it needs to come off at the end of the day. So something that I have really been loving recently is the ultrabland product from LUSH Cosmetics. It is a cleanser, you put it on your face over your make up then you just get a cloth or a cotton pad and swipe it over. No rinsing, no horrible gluppy mess! It's amazing.


Now let's get onto the actual make-up! The base coat to any make-up kit, has to start.. of course, with foundation. Now there is two great foundations that are highly loved in the drugstore currently. They are both such great foundations and I can't put a line between either of them, so let's just say that they are both so great. But the first one mentioned is the most highest coverage. And that one has to be Revlon ColorStay.



This foundation is a little bit on the pricey side, but excellent for someone that really wants a full coverage face. This gives half matte half dewy finish. This is quite pricey, so if you were looking for a great alternative then the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation is great for you! It gives quite a medium coverage and it leaves you looking so refreshed.


Next up is my favorite concealer of honestly all time.. Not that I've tried every single concealer that there is to exist. Most beauty bloggers will rave to you about this concealer and how high coverage it is. Which is true. It is the collection perfection 16 hours concealer. It is also oh so very cheap! Don't question me, just trust me when I say that this is the best concealer!


The next product I'm going to talk/type about is a favorite that has never left my make-up bag ever. It is the stay matte pressed powder from Rimmel. It keeps your make-up looking as gorgeous as ever! I hate looking dewy/satin so this is my go to product.


Next up to finish off your face, is this a 3 in 1 product! The Sleek Face Contour Kit in Fair. It is a bronzer, highlighter and blusher all in one. This is such a perfect product and so compact and perfect for everyday use. You don't need to go swapping different bronzers etc around. They are quite pigmented aswell so you dont even need to use much product!


Now that the face is all finished off it time to venture onto the eyes. The first thing that I do with my eyes is put some eyeliner on them. My favorite eye liner of all time has to be the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim. I have only been using this for about 1 month and I don't think I'm ever going to go back to using another eyeliner. I don't use pencil liner ever seeming as my eyes are fairly small so I'm afraid it's going to make them smaller.





Next up is my favorite mascara (This is just turning into a list of my favorite products isn't it?) which is the Maybelline Falsies mascara, as soon as I used it I knew it was going to be my favorite mascara. It is the best dupe ever for the "They're real" mascara by Benefit. It makes my lashes so long and I have this in the waterproof addition and it is 100% without a doubt waterproof!


I'm not a continuous eyeshadow wearer but I have heard the hype about these Maybelline Tattoo cream eye shadows and I can't make this post without putting these little babies in here! These are the most effortless eye shadows ever. You just get a little bit out of the pot and put it over your eye lids. That's it! And it looks flawless!


Now last but not least to pair up a perfect face you need some lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm. I usually just go for a lip balm because I don't like any color really on my lips. So I'm going to go through the best lipstick, lip gloss and lip balms.

The lip balm that I use the most is the baby lips by Maybelline my favorite colour is strike a rose. This is Oh Orange:


Now, the next is a mix between a lipstick and lip gloss but it's the most pigmented lip cosmetic that I have ever come across. They are so lovely. They are needed for a night out on the town! Just don't kiss anyone because it will go everywhere. This is the Rimmel Apocalips. They come in 7 shades which are mostly pink/red, but there is only one nude colour.


And the last lip product that you need in your make-up bag has to be a Miss Tanya Burr special. It is one of her amazing lip glosses in the colour "I Found Nemo", the formulation is honestly amazing. These are my favorite lip glosses.


That is all the items that I think you would need for a beginners make-up bag/kit! But the final piece, which isn't make-up related, is a brush/sponge. If you don't wish to apply your foundation with your hands then my favorite sponge to apply your foundation with has to be the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge! This blends your make-up in so well, it doesn't push it around your face (which is something that you should never do)


And the brush that I love applying my bronzer/highlighter/blusher/powder is the Real Techniques blush brush. It is a massive fluffy brush but it still gives precision.


Thank you guys so much for reading this post. It did take me quite a while and a lot of thinking!

Kiss your cats for me

Love Becca x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment